Ayurvedic Detox Vegetable Soup
This soup is suitable for all body types packed with healthy vitamins and minerals, it can assist with weight loss & wellness. Make a large batch and freeze in portion sizes
- 2 celery stalks with leaves, chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 small potatoes with skin cubed
- 2-3 cups fresh greens (spinach and or kale, cabbage
- 1 cup cauliflower chopped
- ½ bunch fresh coriander washed, chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp. olive oil/ghee
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
PREPARATION (serves 3-4 portions)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, stirring frequently for 4 minutes, add the curry powder a little water and the ginger
- Stir in the vegetables, except for the greens,save the coriander until later and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 4-5 cups of boiling water, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the greens 5 minutes.
- Add al little salt to taste and sprinkle the soup with coriander.