Ayurvedic Tapioca Dessert
Tapioca is an amazing food rich in dietary fibre, HDL or good cholesterol, and protein it contains vitamin B-complex, including pantothenic acid, folate, and B6, as well as iron, manganese, calcium, copper, and selenium.
A simple easy to make ayurvedic dessert
- 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca
- 3 cups of preferred milk (soya/coconut/almond)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
PREPARATION (serves 3-4 portions)
1. Soak the tapioca pearls overnight or in the morning for eating in the evening in the rice/coconut or soya milk.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the pearls become translucent and the mixture thickens, if it gets too thick add more milk.
3. Serve with a little honey if you prefer it sweeter or blend a mango and swirl it into the tapioca.