Ayurvedic Vegan Vegetable Stir-Fry Recipe
This simple stir fry can use any vegetables you may have that are fresh, add spinach and coriander or other herbs just before serving for a quick healthy side.
- 2 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
- 4 spring onions, cut into 4cm/1½in lengths
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- piece fresh root ginger, about 1cm/½in, peeled and grated
- 1 carrot, cut into thin batons
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick batons
- 100g/3½oz baby sweetcorn, halved
- 1 courgette, cut into thick batons
- 150g/5½oz sugar-snap peas or mangetout, trimmed
- 2 tbsp low-salt soy sauce
- Edamame beans
- Lemon/Lime to serve
PREPARATION (4 Portions)
Heat a wok on a high heat and add the oil or ghee. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute, then reduce the heat.
Add the carrot, red pepper and baby sweetcorn and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the courgette, edamame beans and sugar snap peas and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes. Toss the ingredients from the centre to the side of the wok using a wooden spatula.
Add 1 tablespoon water, soy sauce and cook over a high heat for a further 2 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked but not too soft. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to serve.
This is one of the recipes used in The Cleanse.