Healthy Cleansing Bean Casserole
A tasty Italian inspired bean stew packed with protein and fibre, as well as a significant source of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, zinc, folate, and magnesium!
Choose organic ingredients where possible
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tinned plum tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
- 1 sprig oregano, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin borlotti beans
- 1 x 400g tinned butter beans
- 1 x 400g tinned flageolet beans
- 200ml vegetable stock
This tasty bean casserole is full of flavour quick and easy to make. Make large portions and freeze for a healthy ready meal
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic and leeks and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- Cook for 1 hour and serve